Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Thursday, September 6, 2007

September, Sunny September 6th

Well... I didn't post at all during the festival but Ms.Spain did a marvelous job once she got back home and Miles, in his typical manner, blogged and bitched about it and things on his blog.

It was wonderful to get Ms.Spain to visit Colorado - too bad we didn't have time to drive down to my house but had to rather shuffle back and forth between the two hotels. The festival takes place at the Stapleton Doubletree hotel in NE Denver, near the DIA.

As before, there were again many more women than men. It makes me sad for I see it in the eyes and expressions of many women their sadness and frustration for not getting to dance; least not as often as they'd like to. I tried to get to as many out-of-towners as I possibly could, but the night is only so long. I kept my tandas at 1 or 2 max with the exception of Ms.Spain, so that I had more time to get to more women. After Wednesday's early-arrival milonga I only danced a few sets with Coloradoans.. I even posted a message to the E-mail list bitching how much locals were dancing with each other, but alas it was not posted.. It probably got lost in some filter as I'm not a member with posting priviledges. When, once in a blue moon, I need to post I send it to a member who will then post it on my behalf. Oh well... oh well oh well.

I bought a pair of Nike indoor soccer shoes yesterday and will take them to the cobbler today for him to grind an angle to the heel and to paste dance suede to the sole. Another pair that I customized will arrive in 4-6 weeks. First pair is black/shiny black with gold detailing. The customized is Black on Black with Dark gray swoosh and White "TANGO" lettering in the heel.
First pair, the off-the-rack-last-year's-model cost $40. The customized $115.00 with tax and shipping. Cobbler will be $40-60 depending on how much glue he has to use and how much time it'll take to grind the heel.

Lot's of computer work to be done so I'm off like a prom dress..
Ta!

No comments: