Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Not in Kansas anymore, Toto

I finished my job in Wichita, KS over the weekend and got back home last night. Quite boring 8 hour drive and I'm bound to repeat it in a few months for another job there.

It was hot as heck and the humidity took my breath away.. luckily they had the air conditioning running inside the house I worked in or I would have died.

As soon as I hit the city limits of Wichita my Nokia 9500 Communicator went dead... turns out that Wichita uses a frequency not much used and my tri-band "unlocked" GSM phone couldn't detect the towers... figures.. had to buy yet another "back-up", locked, phone so I wouldn't be without service for 4 days.

Of course I just discovered too, that an update for the communicator line is finally hitting the shelves of E-bay and European phone retailers.. it's the E90. Vast improvements have finally been made to the phone and I'm dying to get one now.. a hit of $1400 in full retail price but with only 30% success with E-bay over the last few years I will not entertain buying another phone from there, even if the prices claim to be measly $850-ish. Will have to figure out how to get my hands on one, soon.

Denver Milonguero Festival is 2 days away and Ms.Spain arrives Thursday night! Hooray.

Ta.

No comments: