Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Outdoor milonga went poof

So.. we had our second annual outdoor milonga today. I was DJ'ng and it was meant to go from 4 to 8... However.. practically no one showed up. Only 2 people came down from Denver, for a short time, and 1 person from Boulder. So lame. Also.. for some reason the pavilion lights did not come on or maybe they don't come on until 8 pm.. so it was too dark to keep going so we packed it in at 7. I'm sick and tired that the Denver people don't support our small community.

Tango in my town is as good as dead.

I am not a Coloradoan.. I certainly don't want to be considered a "local" anywhere in this state but especially not in Denver (like during the festivals). I didn't dance with as many strangers this labor day as I usually do since Ms.Spain and Ms.Italy and Ms.Ruskie and Ms.Grand all came and I was obligated and pleased and honored to dance with them a lot. Usually when I dance with a lot of new people and they ask where I'm from and I respond.. they inevitably go "Oh.. so you're a local". No, no I'm not. I'm actually wanting to bail out of Colorado; sooner the better. It's too hot and far too conservative here... and what free minded people are here abouts they're all into the Hippie/Rasta culture and I'm not into that at all.

I went to the shooting range yesterday just to go through the motions on the AR-15 and a Remington pump shotgun. Got a nasty paper cut in-between the fingers of my left hand from picking up the targets... sucky. I pay a monthly fee of $25 for the range membership but I'm not utilizing it. Last time I went was months ago. Membership allows me to go as many times as I want and don't even have to buy anything from them, although I always buy my targets from them. You have to buy the bullets from them if you rent guns from them, though. Supposedly they do that so they can keep track of how many rounds are being put through the rental guns, but there's no real way for them to keep track. For example I bought 200 rounds of 9 mm ammo, and put about 75-100 of that through the AR-15 and rest through a Springfield XD DOA pistol. I don't even know the exact count myself.

Been looking at ticket prices for flights to Las Vegas and Ann Arbor and DC, again. LV and AA both have a small/short festival on the same 3rd weekend in September.. and I'd like to go to DC to dance with Ms.Spain, of course. Not finding anything cheap however.. fall prices are much higher than spring/summer prices were.. I wonder why.

Ta.

No comments: