Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Last flight of the year?

Here I sit, at the airport again, on my way home after - a total of - 2 weeks with Ms.Spain. Quite possibly the last trip I'm undertaking this year as I've no other trips planned and/or paid for at the moment.

I'm 99.90% certain that I won't be going to Portland this Valentine's for Valentango, so I don't have any clue when my next trip will be. I have a trip coming up for 2-3 weeks to Houston, but that won't occur until the later part of next year. I might go to Seattle again once there is adequate cashflow to support it. I liked Seattle.. maybe I should wait until the weather there gets a bit better, though.

I (bought and) downloaded an unabridged audio book copy of Anne Rice's Vampire Lestat. 20 CD's worth of book.. 23-25 hours.. lol. It's hard to type this and to concentrate on the audio book at the same time so I just had to pause the book.
I like working (design work) to audio books and earlier in the year went through all of David Sedaris' work and 6 years worth of This American Life from NPR. I can't, however, type or write while listening to an audio book. For that, only music works, as long as the music isn't intellectually demanding; i.e. require listening to the lyrics.

We went to a milonga last night and it was an ok one. Unfortunately, the music for over half the night sucked. Lots of nice dancers, but because of the music I only danced with 4: Ms.Spain, Ms.Belgium (who was recuperating from a serious allergic reaction), Ms.Ruskie#1, and Ms.Ruskie#2.

This will be my first time flying on Frontier. I was able to find a very decently priced 1-way ticket to DEN.. it's even a true non-stop flight. Even if it's the same plane that takes you from A to C through B, but you have to de-plane at B, it isn't a non-stop flight in my book. Too bad there isn't a non-stop flight from here to my hometown... would make it so much easier to visit Ms.Spain and to get her to come visit me. She's talked about coming around New Year's after spending Yule with her parents.

Anyway... it had been awhile since the last post so I thought to drop a line..

Ta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, you can bet I'll be there... ;)