Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Night at the movies, a few recommendations

I tend not to like to stay home on Samhain (Halloween), as I don't endorse and encourage eating sweets - least not excessively, as the habit is, during this season, in this country. I, myself, would be considerably more healthy and in-shape if my parents had curbed my habits when I was young.. problem was.. my habit came from my mom, who still has one.
Food is wrecking what otherwise is a good baseline of genes.

Anyway... So I went to a double feature.. first "Bella", and then "Dan in real life".

I felt so compelled to write about these two movies, and I felt in the truck on the way home, that I would have had something so eloquent to say about them, but now I'm drawing a complete blank.

Bella is a small budget, if not in actuality then in illusion, and independent. I won't give away more than what you can learn about it visiting the above link and will leave it with this:
The movie touched a nerve so deep,that it made this, otherwise hard-shelled-mean-bastard, weep on at least three different occasions.

Dan in real life, has a lot and a lot of Hollywood in it, but because of the director, it comes across very independent-y. You'll be mostly laughing but there are a couple of moments that will tug at those strings again. One thing I noticed, though, that I hate.. is that they used a scene in the trailor for the movie that was actually not in the movie. It'll probably show up in the bonus features section of the DVD under deleted scenes. That was done at another movie I saw recently, and it was a big moment-scene, but forget what movie it was now.

I highly recommend both movies.

No comments: