Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fall Season

Been awhile.. nothing much has happened. Fall has come.. it's cold(-ish) in the morning and then it warms up by mid-day - usually to a point where the vest or coat you needed in the morning now suffocates you.

I'm DJ'ng three times in November, and it worries me just a little bit (three times in my state - also when I go meet Ms.Spain for Thanksgiving I've been scheduled to play): I originally didn't want to play too often from the fears that it waters down the music.. you hear the same stuff too often it gets old. For that reason I never request to DJ but rather do it only when I get asked to. I'm playing the 2nd, 16th, and 17th. Usually my list is heavy on artists that the other local DJ's don't play much: Donato, Rodriguez, d'Arienzo/Echague.

I finally started listening to more of the music I have so I just got done creating 10-12 new tandas just from d'Agostino, Fresedo, and Laurenz. It's hard to pay good attention to the music when trying to concentrate on work at the same time and there's just no time to just sit around for hours listening to music. Having just been to Portland's festival kept some tandas fresh in my mind to re-create them at my end. Also helped that Ms.Spain is a native Spanish speaker and she was able to memorize and recognize a song just from having danced to it with me: we found it right away once we got back to the hotel.

I now have 5 hours and 50 minutes worth of pre-made tandas of tango only. 2-3 hrs of milongas and 2-3 hours of valses. I have enough un-listened/edited music, still, to create maybe another 1-2 hours of tandas for each style.

Ta.

No comments: