Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

PDX here we come

Here I am sitting yet at another airport enroute to another city. This time the trip is to Portland, OR; my second this year. The primary reason is the largest tango festival in the country, the Portland Tangofestival. The second reason is to take a written test with the Portland Police Department.

This is the first year I'll have an room mate in PDX (my 7th-9th time visiting PDX) so I'm anxious to see how that goes: I have to make two trips down to Tigard to meet with my suppliers and then the one-two trips to the Police Department, and I'm also giving my roomie rides....
This is also the first time I'm staying as far east as the airport. Ever since one of the hotels downtown closed and got turned into college dormes it's been hard to find sub $50/night rooms in the city or right on the east side of the river. In February I actually stayed down in Tigard but that wasn't an option this year with an room mate. Getting the room for $40 a night vs. $90 is still worth the 10-15 minute ride from the milongas.

Ms.Spain will also come to the festival, Yay!, but only from Saturday through early Monday morning, weep!, but it's still better than naught. I'm going back to the East Coast to be with her a longer time at Thanksgiving so these two days are just to tie us over until then, lol.

Well.. enough of this for now.. need to do some work.
Ta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, for the record, Miss Spain can't wait to get there ;)