Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Morning after

Ok.. so I got to DJ last night the whole night with no interruptions from the band.
This of course means I can play a lot more better music but also really have a chance to play with the energy and speed, etc.
No one came to complain about anything last night except for myself. The first set was by R.Firpo and it sucked. I hadn't played it in ages and thought it would be good to start with.. blah. Throughout the course of the night I played 3 tandas of Canaro milongas, 2 of which were new tandas just assembled the morning of.. they were horrible! The second set was actually so bad I had to run back and cut out the last 2 songs and replace with 1 OTV milonga to close the set to move on.
A lot of people came to comment on how good the music was - even the proprietor came to tell me a lot of people had told her they enjoyed my music...
then Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.. I wake up this morning to find this e-mail in my inbox:
"The problem, ******, is that you play the same dreck over and over. Get some new music and we'll show up".

No idea who it is. How do they know what I play if they aren't there? And I've only DJ'd at that event 4 or 5 times ever in the last 5 years. And as far as my music goes.. I play good stuff.. if they don't know how to dance to d'Arienzo, I'm not going to play Di Sarli all night long. And I have 47 gigs of music - I think that's plenty. Pisses me off.

No comments: