Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

"How often do you find the right person?"

"ONCE"

I went to see this movie at the Kimball's Twin Peaks tonight. I loved it. It's brilliant.. gritty.. in-your face kind of film.
Instead of trying to eloquently explain what the movie is about, I'll rather send you to the website where you can see a video clip and hear snippets of the songs: http://www.amazon.com/Once-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B000PFU7OO

All the original songs were in fact written and or performed by either of the lead characters or by both as duet. I couldn't find the soundtrack to it on Gomusic.ru yet, but I did buy and download one of THE FRAMES' CD's. The lead character in the movie is the front man of the band.

It's a movie I will certainly buy when I see it out on DVD... not only because I loved it... but also to watch it again with subtitles (captionings) on... the guys' thick Dublin accent and the Girl's Czheck accent caused me to miss a great deal of the dialogue.

The theater wasn't exactly crowded.. 30-40 people.. but I've never been to a movie.. or at least not for years.. that 90% of the audience did not move or get up UNTIL ALL of the credits had scrolled by and screen finally went black. Given, the Kimball's crowd is always more mature and respectful.. but the previous movies I've seen there this year.. people file out right after "Fin" and don't stay to watch the credits. The music must have stuck a chord with more people than just me :)

-.-

No comments: