Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Dreams of an Insomniac

What is it like getting a full nights rest?
I have forgotten. Hard as I try I can't remember when I was consistently getting 7-1/2 hours of sleep each night - it's been several years for sure.

To an extent this can be credited to my lifestyle.. Tango dancing is a nocturnal pleasure. But I often also legimately work until the wee hours trying to get designs/specs/quotes done on-time.
Last 2 weeks I haven't been able to sleep due to the pain in my neck/shoulder. 2 weeks before that it was my trip to the East Coast and with the Tango dancing I was getting 3 hours per night (6 hrs few nights but in 2 shifts of 3 hrs). So like I mentioned before, one of my clients is an MD, and he finally called in 2 Rx's for me this morning. I put in a full day at work today and afterward drove down to the Safeway where I had him call them in at. I arrived at 18:15 and because it is "holiday" they had closed at 6 pm vs. the normal hour of 8 pm. The guy was standing there behind the cage playing "Eye of the tiger" from a cassette player into a telephone.... >.< Another night of no sleep incoming because of 15-minutes. Gay.

I'm sure Ms.Spain will blame me for keeping her up until 4:15 am (2:15 my time) talking on the IM and hence not getting more than 4 hrs of sleep, but even within that 4 hr timeslot I woke up once because I had to shift off of my bad shoulder - any longer would have only gotten me a sorer and stiffer shoulder this morning than what I got.

I'm glad it's raining outside.. I hope it keeps up.. it'll keep most of the people inside that run around blasting fireworks (they're illegal inside the City-limits anyway).

.

No comments: