Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Go Now

I mentioned this 1995 movie to Ms.Spain the other night, so naturally I had to watch it again myself last night. It is a very touching movie about a man who develops symptoms of (and the disease itself) Multiple-Sclerosis, right after having fallen in love and moved in together with a new girlfriend. I remember when I myself acquired the movie it took some searching and finess and it was only available on VHS. For more information here is a link to it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113184/
The user's review of the movie is not quite accurate as it is the guy who kicks the woman out but being that she is in-love, stands outside the apartment in a torrent cold down pour until he breaks down and let's her back in (into his heart).
I would fancy getting it on DVD because most DVD releases come with captions, and the brittish/scottish dialect is quite thick in places and it's hard to get all the subleties in the conversation.

The same lead actress is in another one of my most favorite movies, Still Crazy. That one is about a 70's "excess" rock band that gets back together in the 90's for a reunion gig, and all the trials and tribulations that go with that endeavour. A very funny movie with a soundtrack song that is absolutely fabulous, called "The Flame Still Burns". The soundtrack is extremely hard to find as it has been out of print for nearly a decade and I've yet to manage to obtain it myself. I did however, luckily, find the MP3 for the aforementioned song from a Japanese website.

And on that note.. I'll just "bobble" away :)

No comments: