Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Friday, June 29, 2007

Karmik shitstorm

I must have done something bad and karma is being a bitch back at me.

So after the Chiro appointment this morning I headed up north to the Dream Home project.. the one they called me on Tuesday to say that they were "laying the tile right now! It'll be done today and you can start Friday. We have to be done by July 9th!". I get there, and wouldn't you fucking know it. Only the floor tile is done.. nothing on the walls or the curb ... they also haven't cut a bolt that sticks out of the ground off yet, that prevents them from finishing the floor. They also have not correctly tied in the exhaust vent nor is the insulation done. *sigh* *double sigh*

But it gets better... on the WAY there.. my truck starts losing power and starts sputtering and the "check engine" light comes on. Fabulous. The other shoe has dropped, as the expression goes. So I leave the jobsite and risk the 30 minute drive back to the shop; I make it.
Whilst there.. I notice the odd lack of phonecalls.. particularly the one from the "STUPER"-intendant who had said he was going to call me right back, when I called him to bitch about nothing having gotten done. I had dropped my phone. I had crawled under my truck looking for an oil leak or water in the fuel pod to drain it.. nothing. Earlier in the morning I had looked for my cellphone pouch when putting on the belt, and couldn't find it, so I put the phone in my loose sidepocket in the cargo pants. When I had rolled on my back the phone had slipped out.
This phone cost me 350 euros in Finland. It is the Nokia 9500 that isn't even brought to the US. Die Hard: Live Free or Die has a Nokia 9300i in it with which they do things you can not do with the phone. And just how the fuck does the nerd happen to have a Nokia data port cable in his backpack that he whips out? The port is unique and no other phone has one like it. Not even other Nokia phones have ports that fit the Communicator - I've tried being the owner of 5-7 Nokia phones in various states of repair and disrepair. I also had phone numbers in that phone that I had not yet backed up onto my computer, so needless to say I was going to do whatever it took to retrive that phone.

So while they were checking and repairing my truck (speaking of the earlier I just plugged in the phone to the laptop to back it up), I had to rent a car from Enterprise and then drive as fast as the little friggin Chevy Suzuki rip-off went back up North 30 minutes; 90 MPH was as fast as that little thing went, unless you had the luck of a downhill. Well I pull up to the little portion of sand and dirt by the Freeway off-ramp where I had stopped an hour and a half earlier, and there the fucker was.. right behind a car parked there next to the Asphalt-laying machines. It was intact and had not been run over, albeit it was hot from the Sun. Score.

I then raced back as fast to try and return the car within 1-hour. Score.

What had gone wrong with the truck was a set of wires had corroded off and caused 4 of the cylinders to mis-fire. Of course, as expected, the fucking Ford dealership didn't replace the other 4 control wires under another cap, that would have taken a whole other 15-minutes, but rather decided to post on the paperwork that they recommended the other 4 be repaired as well. Having stayed longer for them to repair it when I had already returned would have cost me an extra 2-hours, so I scurried off. I just have to get them repaired before I drive to Kansas.

The reason I said "the other shoe dropped", was because my truck has spent about 6-8 weeks at either of the Ford dealership lots this year. Twice for bodywork for 2 separate accidents, and 2 times for mechanical repair. I had all the glow plugs and glow plug relay module replaced and the 120,000 mile check-up. Oh.. and the waterpump had also failed... so I remember asking the guy what I can expect to fail next eventhough it just passed all inspections and checks.. well here is today.. corroded wires.

By the way neither of the accidents were my fault - the first occured on January 1st when someone high on pot decided to make an un-announced un-turn-signaled U-turn right in front of me on a 1-way street. He claimed in all seriousness that the street was 2-way until the cops showed up. Of course you can't field check being under the influence of Pot, so they had to let him go. The dude behind me barely missed me.

The second accident occured downtown on a Wednesday night in April when I was DJ'ng and dancing. I got a call from a cop asking if my truck was mine, etc. Some asshole, drunk and uninsured, had plowed into it while it was parked off-street downtown. He had claimed to have just come out of the adjacent parking lot, gunned it, and lost control, but one does not move a 3/4-ton truck 7-feet; plow it's back-end in; and push it over the curb with an old 1/2 ton truck, if he hadn't been going at least 40-50 MPH downtown.

Luckily I had my trips to Alaska and New York in April and Georgia in May that I didn't need my truck. I won't even go into detail about what happened when I got it back and how it wasn't finished.

Well.. I have decided to go to the Mercury Cafe tonight. Ms.Polish has agreed to meet me there. She's a sweet lady; tall and what not; but for some reason we don't quite connect 100% I'm burning to dance though, since the last time I did was last Sunday. If only Ms.Spain was here....... ;{
So I have to make like a tree and leave.

Ta!

No comments: