Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

October freed up

Well.. just got the call. I did not get the job in Tacoma, WA that I was already awarded. I lost it because the builder insisted on using someone local that was licensed in the state of Washington; something that I've never lost a job over before. It pisses me off a little because I went through a lot of time and work to do all the designs and specs that were needed and now someone else comes in and reaps the benefits. I'll have to change how I work details and designs pre-contract.

This also means that I will not go back to the PAT testing with Seattle PD on the 6th. That's fine because I may need to be in NYC that week/end anyway. I will just have to wait 6-months and then retake the written test as well. Least I know how to study for it this time and I'll have more time to get physically back in shape for the Cooper test.

I was thinking about Ann Arbor's anniversary festival 3rd week of this month but we'll see. I'm DJ'ng on the 28th and have a written test and interviews on the 18th. Busy season.

Luckily one of my clients put their home-design-project on-hold so right now I'm only having to juggle 5 plans versus 6. Of course it was the one that wasn't in a hurry to begin with that got put on-hold.. figures.

Ta.

No comments: