Life is Pain

Life is Pain
but they say it can't rain all the time

Monday, July 2, 2007

Monday Bloody Monday

So I had a meeting this morning with one of my clients at 8 am at Panera bread. He forgot to check his e-mail for the time so he was an hour late. Good thing is, he LOVES my design for his house. I have to admit.. I'm quite proud of it myself, I have to say.
It's 3,650 square feet on the main level and 1,200-1,400 upstairs. Basement will be around 3,400-3,500 total, but will probably not get finished for some time. This house is supposed to be part of next years Parade of Homes, too.

I might be in luck with getting some drugs for my shoulder/neck from him.. he's an MD.
I don't like drugs and avoid them like the plague.. I even had tendon re-attachment surgery under only local anesthesia.. but this shoulder/neck pain is preventing me from working productively and from sleeping. It's got to go. I might ask his for something "light".. .such as valium or something.. He was trying to prescribe all manner of drugs for me but that made me uneasy.

Well things didn't get any better from the meeting. They had, indeed, finished the tile at the Natural Dream Home but the ventilation and insulation were still a problem. So I tore some insulation out of a corner and did the ceiling myself. I also bought some duct materials and finished the exhaust vent for the sauna myself. You know the saying, right? "If you want it to be done right you do it yourself".

The materials showed up finally around 2 pm and I got them indoors and unloaded. Very little damage but damage nonetheless. I'll be working on this sauna for the next 2-4 days to finish it on time and just to move on.

Oh, the strangest thing happened too this morning at Panera. A client whom I had basically turned down due to not having enough time to work on his house plans was there.. and he actually isn't in such a big hurry as the builder had claimed (which is why I hung up my gloves on the project), and still wants me to design his house. How about that. Second hand information is always half of a handful of shit.

I may need to re-activate my pre-pay cellphone or get another cell phone from another company than At&t. I never have any reception on jobsites and others do. I do know that part of it is due to the weak internal antenna on the Nokia 9500 that I use, but the other, very legit reason, is that AT&T's towers are in shit condition. When AT&T turned to Cingular they stopped maintaining their towers and they fell in disrepair.. reception has reduced to half of what it used to be.. maybe they'll start fixing them now that they're AT&T again. Verizon and Sprint keep getting reception where I do not. I think I'll end this post here and call 611.

Ta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that lucky??? Your encounter at Panera? You see, despite useless people who may be giving you poor second hand info, you still got to find out that you can do it, if you want to. That's very cool, I think.

Ms. Sp.